Another week and we are forthwith further forward with the Yarn Forward project. And we've received in some terrific strips today...
Jill Wood from Audenshaw has blown us away with this strip, upon which is a slumbering bear! Absolutely amazing Jill! The strip is entitled 'Bear-in-a-blankie'! Jill also contributed another piece, crocheted in circles called 'Small Whorls'. And Audenshaw is the home town of the Elwell half of ArtYarn, so, to the heart...a big shout out to the Audenshaw Massive!!!
And two little gems of crochet from Victoria Hillon of Chorlton in Manchester. Fantastic flowers Victoria, we're much obliged for your participation in our project.
So we've added all the strips together and installed 22 more to the banister today.
Thanking all the recent contributors ever so kindly:
- Julie Lawrence, Salford UK
- Kandy Diamond, Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK (www.knitanddestroy.co.uk)
- All Kandy's first year students from the Textile Design & Design Management [BSc] at The University of Manchester
- Amanda Doran, Leicester UK (www.brassicapatch.blogspot.com)
- Susan Diskin, Arc Studios, Stockport, Greater Manchester UK
- Carol Light, Arc Studios, Stockport, Greater Manchester UK
- Suzanne White, Arc Studios, Stockport, Greater Manchester UK
- Ros Purkis, Arc Studios, Stockport, Greater Manchester UK
- Brigitte Surberg, Lübbecke, Deutschland DE (www.myspace.com/mollithewoodtagger)
- Sarah Russell, Dorking, Surrey UK
- Claudia Neugebauer, Wels, Austria A (www.neugebauer.at/akw & www.hipstrick-claudianeugebauer.blogspot.com)
- Victoria Hillon, Chorlton, Manchester UK
- Jill Wood, Audenshaw, Tameside, Greater Manchester UK
- Richmal Wigglesworth, Manchester & Bradford...if we've remembered correctly! (www.rippedupresewn.blogpot.com)
Brigitte...we've taken some pictures of your strips in situ, as requested, so if you drop us an email at: artyarn at hotmail dot com; we'll send them through to you.
There's another six strips that we didn't get time to install today, so if you don't just see you handiwork here, we're very sorry. We'll be installing them on Saturday so more pictures will follow.
And Rachael is going to crochet a corner bit so watch this space for more Yarn Forward!