Excitement is reaching giddy heights as we install a further twenty six strips to the Yarn Forward project today and swiftly begin to cover the next section of the first floor hand rail at Manchester Craft and Design Centre.
Members of the Craft Centre are reporting a huge interest in the piece, telling us that many people are stopping by the strips, turning and reading the tags and delighting in the knitted pieces you are all making. The Yarn Forward project has become a real buzz in Manchester and beyond...and it's down to your contributions.
And we are so thrilled by the support of everybody out there who has sent us a piece of their handiwork. Thank you, abundantly, for your interest, enthusiasm, time and creativity.
Today we've installed pieces by, and offer thanks to:
- Pat Donohue, Manchester UK
- Catherine Leese, Sale, Cheshire UK ("Buttons & Bows")
- Diane Hudson, Downham Market, Norfolk UK (a Manchester 'ex-pat')
- Lesley Huckle, Withington, Manchester UK
- Andrea Dewhurst, Manchester UK
- Mrs Doris Scott, Rochdale, Greater Manchester UK
- Okadascat aka Chris Walker, Hartlepool UK (www.okadascat.blogspot.com)
- Cheryl Beswick, Rochdale, Greater Manchester UK
- Jenny Beswick, Rochdale, Greater Manchester UK
- Rachel Kelly, Salford, Greater Manchester UK
- Sophie Stewart, Manchester UK
- Gwen Taylor, Rochdale, Greater Manchester UK
- Sharon Jue, Oakland, California USA
- Catherine Walker, Wellington, New Zealand
And for Catherine Walker, as you asked to see your strip and we aim to please, here is an image of your terrific orange moss stitch strip. Do email us if you would like the image sending through.
A huge 'ta' must also go to Craft Centre resident Dave Goodwin of DJG Art for supplying the brews all day and a couple of chocolate digestives!
That is not all...to our joy there is yet another intake of incredible knitted and crocheted strips waiting to be installed, so we'll get some more images up over the weekend and add the strips to the others next week.